Outsource your development or hire a full in-house team?
Startup delima, outsource you development work or hire a full in-house team.
The best possible option is to go with a hybrid model. Initially, you can start with a complete offshore team who will do the development for you. Once you have your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and released the version 1 to the market start thinking of adding resource at your end. The assumption is that once your MVP is available in the market you start getting revenue or you can demo the product to an investor to get the money. This will give you some fund from which you can use to rent out spaces and start hiring resources. Once you start hiring let the on-site team slowly take the ownership of the product and start driving it. Gradually grow your on-site and offshore team in such a way that all the architects and product owners are at the on-site team and the real workforce team is at the offshore.
Advantage of this approach are
- No strings attached to you till you start getting funds / earning.
- Gradually you will have the leadership team at your end, which will help you take decisions very easily.
- The top technical team at your end will be able to drive the development and also help to keep an eye on Source Code / Product Quality.
- Since you have balanced workforce between on-site and outsourced you can save a lot of money in the development cost.
- Most of the outsourcing company will help you scale up and scale down the resources according to your priorities.
- Small team on-site team means you don't even need and HR / Finance team. Making your organization more lean and agile.
- To conclude, a combination of an on-site and offshore team will help you to deliver a product successfully.